Saturday, June 25, 2005

*Yarn Crawl

I sat at the park after the Yarn Crawl to say hi to my little guys and to rest my barking dogs. One's footsies do tend to hurt after traipsing all over downtown Manhattan and Brooklyn.
I sat and sorted through all the bags and bits as the squirrel guys came up to check me out and see if perhaps there was food in any of those bags.

Sorry guys.
They didn't go away, sat there expectantly, just in case.
Too cute. Or too hungry. Probably both.

I watch the little guys for a while and they watch me back. I get sidetracked by the yarn. Today was a blast. Katy took some great pictures of the day with captions and chat:
  • Yarn Crawl


  • I'd garnered quite a little crowd of squirrel guys and one wrapped around a tree peeking at us.
    I imagine their curiosity is part defense mechanism, and part hunger. Some seem more tame and friendly curious. Others, like the peeking tree squirrel, are happy to look on from a distance.

    It's a mild warm sunny day here at the park. It's good to be sitting after all the walking and pleasant to feel welcomed by the trees and the park critters. I wish I could stay longer but tonight is Rob and Bec's housewarming and I have to get home and stash my yarn somewhere before fluffing for the party.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home