*Crash Mansion
This is pretty much what I'm thinking about as I sat in the park. The squirrels chittered at me. It's as if they were greeting me as I walked by. They follow me to where I sit and plop down on their chubby hinds with their paws both up, like little begging puppys. I sat with my back against the tree just enoying the sun and being amused by the puppy squirrels. When I got up to go, this one little guy hopped and hopped, following me. Someone had thrown out a bag of roasted honey nuts on the ground. It looks to be empty but he checks it out anyway. He rummages inside and comes away victorious, a nut cluster in hand. Helps to be persistant.Crash Mansion, that's the name of the club we're going to tonight. My friend Jeremy, is the promotor there and tonight is his birthday party. He's had a good year, my friend has. Considering that he was almost dead. He took time off, took a part time professorship at a local college, met a lovely girl, fell in love, got a coporate job, and they're moving to the new building they've been putting up on Houston. Kudos to you J!
A bunch of the Club 1305 crew, with spouses, lovers, et.al. are meeting up to hang and celebrate this evening, so it should be a good time. It's nice to hav soome time to spend with people you've known for years and gone through various life metamorphosis together. Caveat are the various former beaus who still socialize with that clique. I've a way of wrapping my friends around bf's like a blanket when we're dating. Then with the split, I've got to share my friends with him afterwords. It is a bit irksome. I wonder how a squirrel would handle this.
I think about the guys I've dated in that crew, what first attracted me...one was a good dancer, lots of fun...another was a good dj, lots of fun...one was good talker, lots of fun and also and a good listener. Guess which one I'm still dating?
Prolly, a squirrel wouldn't give a rats patootie because they aren't the hang out at the club with the dancers and dj kind. They do their own thing, go their own way. They don't clump into groups. At least that's how it seems to me. This is my first month doing the animal observation thing and never see any of the many squirrels here hang out together. Might just be bad breakups and not sharing their friends afterwards.
I'm glad I'm going out tonight. It will be good to see everyone.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home