Monday, October 10, 2005

*GPS

Tiring, all that driving. The rain has let up this afternoon and I'm glad to be outside. The squirrel guys, three of them are at separate parts of the grass digging away. I don't see them unearthing anything. It looks like they are rearranging their spoils. I wonder how they remember where they've buried their nuts. Do they have their own internal stash cache mechanism? I wonder if they keep to their own buried treasure or if they thieve from each other. Maybe I'll find out today.

As I wait and watch I sit sidelong on the bench. It's good to not be in my car. About 4 hours worth of driving, having stopped to visit Mom and Dad after leaving Witchcamp. Was prepared to get on the train to meet my mister in Philly but it's not looking promising. It would have been fine but I took a right when I should have gone left after leaving the parking lot after my goodbyes and the next thing I know it isn't 15 minutes to the highway, it's an hour. Argh. I need a GPS in the dashboard. That's the best thing since sliced cheese.

Am thinking how doable this is. I'd have to fluff myself and drive up to the Bx to drop off the car, take a subway to the train and a train to Philly, all of which would take another 4 hours. I'd arrive around 10pm just in time to fall asleep and be awakened when he got in from the gig. I have work tomorrow. I could likely do half day, but can't take the enire day off from work.

It's starting to rain so I leave the park. I haven't noticed any squirrels involved in nut thievery but tomorrow's another day.

Hurrumph. If I didn't have to do the drive to the Bx, I'd be more inclined to make it to the subway for the train just to have the night and part of the morning with "he who talks with at least two people at once" (anyone that has on the reciever end of the telephone with him, will know exactly what I mean).

Ahh, he has sent a picture, very cute, sent to tempt me to him:


The monkey came from one of the weekend summer trips to Fire Island. We'd found him sitting in the store looking about done with the place and it was pretty easy to bring the little cutie home. He took an immediate liking to my own mr. cute spots, who can often be found at his laptop when not on the cell phone, partly evidenced here in the pic.

Aside from smiling at this picture, I'm logging the reading I've done to answer the probability of first degree, to be or not to be before Samhain. In between the Page of Wands and Ace of Cups is the blank card, no pic to post. Looking at the card, I am hopeful. Things look good. I'm ready, finally, finally, really feeling ready.



Tarot is very, very useful; a handy dandy divinatory GPS unit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home