Post Libra Solar Eclipse
Whew! Now was yesterday a busy workday for you too or what? The joint was jumping here at the hospital. I could here the telephone ringing as I turned my office door key.My boss and my boss's boss are on holiday, so I wasn't surprised that people would be looking for me for the stuff I do along with what they do.
First call of the day was a doc that couldn't find the correct note titles for his service specialty.
It took me a little while to realize he wasn't in the notes section. Hmmm, can't see the right notes or any notes for that matter if you're not in the note section. Problem quickly solved.

Most problems from "baby docs" aka medical residents are quickly solved. Their problems stem from unfamiliarity with the many differing computer systems they encounter at their various area rotations. The more work they do, the better they get at it. Just like you and me and everyone else with everything we do.
Hung up just in time for the phone to begin ringing again. Happy Monday!
This time it was a baby doc that couldn't sign off on her notes. Let's see why...ok, no signature code. She gets irate, "why hasn't this been done!!"
A: because you didn't do it yet?
The signature is a secret code entered into the system and known only to the user so they can sign off on everything thing they do. I talked her through how to enter this info and viola, problem quickly solved.
Baby docs get grumpy because they are very stoked on moving from medical student to resident. Being a doc is wonderful. Also a bit heady. Now I'm a doc, I am going to wield my power! Thing is, this is a medical center, the place is infested with all manner of smarties and being a smarty doesn't mean you can grump at people.
Especially if you want them to help you.
Hung up just in time for the phone to begin ringing again.
Another doc. Why can't I find this order? I find it for him. He stops shouting very loudly and apologizes. Says thank you. Is very nice about it. It's nice when people are nice.
Hung up just in time for the phone to begin ringing again.
Another doc. The computer keeps kicking me out when I try to cosign notes?
Hmmm, this is going to take a little detective work. All the checked settings seem to be in order.
Must not be a problem on my end. Still a problem. Must find out who is the owner of this problem. Will get back to him.
Some of the other work that ends up on my desk are administrator issues, knowing what codes or keys needed. Much of this information isn't written down anywhere, it's passed along from one person to another. Not exactly the best system for technical stuff. The first challenge is finding someone that knows this information, the second is finding a way to have them share it with you. It's okay so far for me at this stage since I am relatively new to my job. I'm learning on my feet by doing. Without a manual, if a problem comes up, I have to figure it out. I'm fluffing my neural pathways.
Hung up just in time for the phone to begin ringing again.
Another doc. This time it is THE doc, the Chief of Staff. The computer keeps kicking me out when I try to cosign notes. I can't get into any of my patient files or student files.
Tell him that I've already identified this as problem but thought that it was only an isolated incident. Now I am wondering if something snarky has gone on in the system. Will I be getting a slew of ca
lls from different people on this? Need to find out what happened over the weekend.For the long and short of my day, I took problem calls and ran about the medical center to help asst. docs out. I did have time for lunch, turkey wrap with jalepenos.
I did solve THE doc's problem (thank goodness), just after lunch time. Stayed late to finish helping out some social workers and programmers. My boss emailed me just before I checked out for the day and I did some follow up for her. She was amused I was working late. What else is a gal to do? Not complaining (though it may seem that I am/was); it was actually a super fun albeit busy day.
Very much a Hierophant kind of day: Getting an education; pursuing knowledge; becomi
ng informed ; increasing understanding; studying and learnings; adapting to the system; being part of the Establishment. Very useful these once a day card pulls.Btw, don't want to forget about yesterday's New Moon & Solar Eclipse, 10 Libra 19, Monday, October 3, 2005 at 6:28 AM EDT.
This New Moon is supportive for initiation in terms of joint ventures, aesthetics, or negotiation. Since a Solar Eclipse is also present, we would expect a bit more “oomph” for this pattern. The sextile to Saturn suggests that pragmatism is an important asset. Working within “The Establishment” and following traditional paths is likely to go well. The quincunx to Uranus reaffirms that now is not the time to be a rebel; the conservative approach is most apt to be successful.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home