Saturday, November 19, 2005

*Back from Sin City

I'm jet lagged, caught the red eye in from Vegas this morning and woke up a bit ago. Heading out to a house party uptown and checking my email for the address, figured I drop a little blogging in since I got the chance to commune with nature on my way back from the corner store. When I first awoke to an apartment without diet ginger ale, I knew it was time to motivate and put some clothes on and crawl over to the Hadji.

I sat in the park taking long pulls off of the green plastic bottle like a bowery bum with a forty.
A trio of little furry guys came to check me out and then scampered back up the tree from whence they came. It was kind of amusing given the view they provided. Looking up at them in the tree, I could see their little rounded squirrel nut sacks hanging down, and no I don't mean acorns. So it is official, they are indeed furry guy squirrels.

They sat up on their branches and watched me watching them. I guess I didn't look like I had any food since they didn't bother to come back down from their perches. I sat there and watched them for a good long time. They, very patiently, sat and watched me too. I wonder if they were very near their good hiding spot, since they seemed pretty interested in remaining there and having a close watch on me. I tried to wait them out and see what they were up to but having downed the entire contents of my diet ginger ale, I knew it was time to head home for a shower and to fluff myself for tonights get together.

Jules is having a jewelry party and Bec is hosting. Should be fun. The boys are probably out somewhere at a local pub and plan to meet us after we have been jewelry shopping for an hour or so. It will be fun to see if anyone notices the new lovely jewelry from Brian.
Miss him already but he will be back from the road in early December and we're planning to get some skiing and snowboarding in. Hope to head to Colorado for a week. The tour starts back again in January.
This past week on the road with him was a blast. So much fun, the whole tour bus thing and the entire scene being out there and night after night of Stones concerts. We started in San Diego and then to San Francisco, where I had never been. Amazingly beautiful out there. I'll always love that town...Brian proposed on top of a mountain to me just as the sun was setting and moon rising over the entire valley and bay before us. Unreal. Perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home