*Getting To Know You II
So the 'net didn't hold up so well.I must have gotten out of range of the wireless network. I did get to follow the squirrel for a pace. Basically he followed the metal railing about the church, into a tree and back onto the metal railing around the front steps of the townhouse next to the churce. Each of the townhouses have a front rail connected to the one at the next house which splits up along each staircase to the front door. Squirrel buddy scampered along and every now and again sat up on a stair step to watch me to see if I was still lurking about. It was kind of cute the way he'd take a break and sit on the stoops. He must have been on a mission, because he'd get back up again and be on his way, winding about the metal railings.
I kept a far enough distance not to spook the furry guy over much but the fact that he was peering at me over his shoulder from time to time was probably spooky enough for him. I figured it was time to leave off and let him go about his business with some privacy. Plus, the sun was going down and I wasn't going to be able to keep him in view very well.
So now I'm back on the benches and working on Chelsea's latest GTKY edition:
Welcome to the 2005 edition of getting to know your friends. What you are supposed to do is copy (not forward) this entire e-mail and paste it onto a new e-mail that you'll send. Change all the answers so they apply to you, and send this to a whole bunch of people including the person who sent it to you. Put your name in the subject line. The theory is that you will learn a lot of little things about your friends, if you did not know them already.
1. What time did you get up this morning? 6:20am
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? "Once Upon a Time in the West" Directors Cut at the Film Forum
4. What is your favorite TV show? West Wing
5. What did you have for breakfast? 2 egg omelette, haricot vert green beans, shiitake, oyster and porcini mushroom and smoked gouda filling, side of blackberries, blueberries and raspberries, 2 cups decaf irish cream coffee, milk no sugar. That's what was left to make for breakfast in the fridge.
6. What is your middle name? Mercedes
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Thai
8. What foods do you dislike? Polish all that bland potato, white sauce, sour cream, cheese blintzes
9. Your favorite Chip? Jalapeno Krunchers
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Jesse Cook, Live at Le Festival International de Montreal
11. What kind of car do you drive? Nada, the Chevy sits at the parking lot at work, I take the train most everywhere
12. Favorite sandwich? Reuben on Rye extra saurkraut at Katz's Deli on Houston
13. What characteristics do you despise? Conflictedness, make a freakin' decision and stop waffling you fegs, Self-Centeredness, Having no spiritual center
14. Favorite item of clothing? The "I'm a Treat!" orange halloween tee shirt
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Denpasar
16. What color is your bedroom? "Cinderblock" which is actually dove grey; I think they give these girlie colors names with cojones so the menfolk will buy them and paint the walls the way you like without quibbling
http://www.queendom.com/tests/minitests/fx/cajones.html
17. Favorite brand of clothing? Theory and the Forever 21 knockoffs
18. Where would you want to retire? Goa or Sanur or Kuta
19. Favorite time of day? 11pm-2am
20. Favorite sport to watch? Football
21. Where were you born? Manila
22. Who do you least expect to send this back? Brigid, she checks her email once a month
23. Person you expect to send it back first? Julie
24. What laundry detergent do you use? No preference. I hate doing laundry. That's how I ended up with so many clothes, I just go get more or the guy I date does it for me or I send it out.
25. Coke or Pepsi? Diet Pepsi
26. Are you a morning person or night owl? Night if 1am counts as night and not morning
27. What size shoe do you wear? 5.5 or 6
28. Do you have pets? my sweet red eared slider, Varick, Mr. Personality
29. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with everyone? I've perfected my practising saying yes. I'll tell you how things work out when I see Brian.
30. Favorite candy bar? Cadbury Crunchie, a golden honeycomb centre surrounded by delicious Cadbury chocolate!
31. What is your best childhood memory? playing on the beach with all the new friends I'd met, then Dad said it was time to go...
32. What are the different jobs you have had in your life? All of them? Waitressing at that chinese place where they made me do my homework first, Pizza Uno, The Comedy Store, Mt. Fuji, cocktail waitress at assorted nightclubs, sales/retail at a florist, The Limited, Macy's, management trainer at Neiman Marcus, admin assistant to Congressman Ben Gilman, admin assitant to Senator Martin Connor, intern at NYS Senate, ER and GYN NP training at Newark University Hospital, Pediatric Cancer Ward at Hackensack University Hospital, ER at Bayshore Hospital, ER at Union Hospital, OB/Labor and Delivery at St. Peter's University Hospital, OB/Labor and Deliver at Overlook Hospital, Cardiac/Surgery at Morristown Memorial Hospital, Cardiac/Surgery at Jersey Shore Medical Center, Spinal Cord Injury/Critical Care at Burke Rehab, Spinal Cord Injury/Critical Care at Kessler Rehab, Spinal Cord Injury/Critical Care/ER/ Nursing Administration/ Telephone Triage and now Clinical Application Coordinator at Bronx VA Medical Center
33. What color underwear are you wearing? turqouise
34. Piercing? yup
35. Ever been to Africa? nope
36. Ever been toilet papering? nope
37. Love someone so much it made you cry? yup
38. Been in a car accident? why sure, I'm not going to list these. I'm tired already from the job thing. I will say I have never hit anyone. The f*ckers hit me, d*mn cr*ppy a** drivers. Okay fine, I hit a few yellow cabs, but not very hard and they deserved it, definitely, those don't qualify as accidents.
39. Croutons or bacon bits? neither- for crunchy add bean sprouts
40. Favorite day of the week? they're all good
41. Favorite Restaurant? just one? Hana or Shiki for japanese, Highline or Thai House for thai, Cremcaffe for italian or Max or Pasta Nostra, Markt for their raw bar- this is a difficult one
42. Favorite Flower? another difficult one, gerber daisies, anthuriam, protea
43. Favorite ice cream? Dulce de Leche
44. Disney or Warner Brothers? Disney
45. Favorite fast food restaurant? Subway, the only thing aside from Chinese that is still open at 11pm in the Bronx when you finally have time to eat at the hospital
46. If you could meet one person, who would you want to meet? Eleanor Roosevelt
47. Do you know how to drive a clutch? Yes, but not well, you would not likely enjoy being a passenger unless you are a bobble head.
48. Before this one, from whom did you get your last e-mail? the lovely Jen Barry
49. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? http://www.bordersstores.com/index.jsp
50. What do you do most often when you are bored? Happens too rarely to comment
51. Bedtime? 1am-1:30am, later if I am out
52. Who are you most curious about their responses to this questionnaire? All, I am nosy
53. Last person you went to dinner with? Ameya, the cute software engineer from D.C.
54. Ford or Chevy? Chevy
55. What are you listening to right now? The Gorillaz
56. What is your favorite color? Indigo
57. Lake, ocean or river? Ocean
58. How many tattoos do you have? None
59. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
Chicken. According to syntax, the answer is apparent. Of course if you phrase the question differently, the answer changes.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home