*Post Halloween Kvetch
Last night I went out with farty work people and they were, well, farty. We headed downtown early so they could find parking and get a good spot on the street to watch the parade.Chuck came out to hang since we were in his neighborhood and he had come home early because the were closing the street his car lot was on.
The work people wanted to go to a boring wine bar so we stayed for a few drinks until Chuck showed. By that time the were really bored too. Chuck took us to another spot which was better, had a really good musician singing and playing his guitar.
Only problem with that was the farty work people were enjoying themselves so much, they didn't motivate out to get on the sidewalk on time, so by the time I finally got them out there, it was like 5 people deep. They were all short except for one person, so they couldn't see anything. Chuck offered to have everyone over to hang on his fire escape, but they didn't think the view would be ok. He and I ended up climbing on top of a bunch of police barracades.
Parade was good, some funny costumes, nothing spectacular.
The farts were so boring that I couldn't even drink enough to make them interesting, I ended up spending too much on drinks trying, oh well.
The farty people left at 9pm so Chuck and I went to hang on his fire escape and found out it was a great vantage point to watch the parade from. Ha. Then we went to Mamoun's, which I love, and got a huge yummy Schwarma sandwich. Took it back to his house to eat and just hung out and listened to some of the new music he bought. He gifted me a big disco ball ornament as a Halloween present, which was nice.
On the walk home, I sat in the park for a little bit and was happy to see a passel of little squirrels running about and rifling through the assorted candy and food wrappers from the evenings booty. The way they made sure to cover every bit of the park was amazing. Squirrels in all directions. I'm not certain if this was a group effort, having each little guy check out his area or if it has to do with some kind of territorialism or independance to scavenge in a spot not already infiltrated with one's squirrel bretheren. Perhaps if I keep my eyes peeled, I may figure this out.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home