Monday, January 02, 2006

*I Love January

Just in from five days at Mount Snow,Vermont. It was about a 4 and1/2 drive to the 5 bedroom ski lodge we rented. Had enough people onboard that it cost only $235 for the entire holiday stay, not including food/drink/lift tickets.
I was determined to better my lacking snowboarding skills this time on the mountain. I mean, boarding for 5 years already and still not good enough to do much more than not break my neck. Not to say that alone isn't a great thing. It is. I like my neck. It's just that I used it mostly to slide in chicken wings and Stella Artois, while on the slopes.


Jocelyn and I went for it and did the SnowSchool for 3 days. We had an awesome teacher who kept at us and by the end of the lessons, we were pretty dang good. So my neck is intact, and so is my backside. I didn't fall much, which is saying a lot.

It's funny, coming back from Vermont, I'm totally digging the cold weather. I love the cold. I love January. Sitting in the park with a Dunkin' Donuts decaf hazelnut coffee and squirrel watching is pretty cozy. I was surprised to see any squirrels out today, considering the weather, but I guess the weather doesn't matter when you are a hungry critter. The little fur guys are pretty lucky as things go since the park gets a lot of traffic and there is quite a bit of food around.


Even with that food, the squirrels are pretty skinny. They're also kind of small. Makes me wonder if these are full grown squirrels. They look like teen squirrels, skinny shoulders and haunches. And super frisky. Hopping around like ferrets in that rhythmic bobbing cadence as they chase each other as if they alone are hearing some cool music to groove by.

Brian surprised me with an awesome birthday gift. To celebrate my by 4-0, he is taking me to Germany and The Netherlands. Whoo hoo, Amsterdam here we come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home