Sunday, March 12, 2006

*New Guy on the Block

There is a new homeless guy in the neighborhood. FI doesn't like him much because he has this habit of shaking his money cup in the same paricular cadence. Even if we are in the apartment, the sound of his ching-ka-ching-ching, ching-ka-ching-ching, cuts through. I don't really hear it quite so much unless FI is there bugging out about it and calling it to my attention.
Anyhow.

This new guy is a bird lover. When he sits in the park they all surround him. He talks with them, and feeds them and they just love him back. It's nice to see in a freaky kind of way. I can't stop thinking that he is going to contract Toxoplasmosis from all that close exposure to these city pigeons. Ack.
He's also nice to the squirrels. I've been cutting out of work to hit up the Joan Vass yarn sale (yes, I know- bad yarnivore, bad) and I've been checking this new guy out. He'll be hanging with his bird buddies and one of the mangled tail squirrels will pop up, which I found to be surprising given the massive gaggle of pigeons about this guy. The guy will notice the squirrel and give her some of the bird snacks. It's sweet. It's always this same one squirrel too. Obviously they have a relationship, like he has with his birds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home