Monday, April 03, 2006

*Table For Two, Please

OK. Freaky cool thing today at the Squirrel Watch. The newbieish homeless guy was in the Park early this morning. He stopped at his usual bench and dropped a pile of food near the tree, where his girlfriend squirrel always meets up with him. Now I walk though this Park every day on the way to work and this dude is never here this early.

Anyhow, I was off to the gym and when I got back, he was gone. The pile of food was still by the tree. Surprisingly, girlfriend squirrel was there too, not eating the food. It was like she was waiting for her dining partner. Isn't that wild!
Or, more aptly, isn't that so civilized?!

I was totally late for work, I had to sit and wait it out to see if that was really the case. And it was. So worth being late for to watch him arrive. Soon as she espyed him sit at his bench, she was chomping away. Can't help but smile every time I think about this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home