*Visit Nashville- Do These Things
Don’t miss the Grand Ole Opry. You might think it’s a cheesy thing to do but it’s so bad a**. A definite on the to do list.
Go to downtown Nashville and check out the nifty art guitars. They are bigger than you and decked out differently. Very photogenic. Get a shot of you playing one!
Eat some BBQ. Mmmm yum!
We stayed the Gaylord Opryland. Fancy hotel overflowing with live plant and flower atriums, hotel rooms have verandas that open to the lush gardens. There is even a “river” inside the hotel where you can have a “boat”ride. Peek around to find the automated monkeys that swing through the foliage, and don’t miss the hidden fountain goings on.
I'm thinking about Nashville again, as you can see. FI and I were driving back from Free Spirit Gathering when we came across a country station. FI digs Johnny Cash and Mike Stinson. I like old school and the new flashy country stuff as well. Listening to the station got me thinking about downloading some country tunes to my ipod, so I put in some Garth. Armed with fresh tunes, I went back to where we had the car parked to empty it.
It's amazing how much stuff you bring for a weekend. And this was FSG, not some place where I would be needing lots of different kinds of clothes or even hardly any at all. Treking back and forth. Clothes. Chairs. Musical Instruments. Books. Yarn. Spinning supplies. We'd take turns stopping to rest up in my fave squirrel park, near home. On the first run, I saw out of the corner of my eye, Junior flying past.
Someone had hung a bird feeder from the corner of the church, near the park. There were a few different trees near this feeder and Junior relentlessly tried his luck with every tree as a jumping off point. I'm sure I could have emptied out the car faster if not mesmerized with this squirrels relentless attempts at getting to the bird feeder. On the second to last trip out to the car, I didn't see Junior about anymore and got worried. I wanted to put what I was carrying in my hands down since it was so dang heavy, and look to see if he had somehow injured himself from his repeated attempts to feed from the bird feeder. Everything I had in hand was precariously clutched, multiple bag handes intertwined through fingers with a couple of full bottles of wine. Not anything easily put down. Had to get in the apartment and unload first.
On the last trip back, I was happy to see Junior, hale and hearty. And triumphant. Clinging to the side of the plastic bird feeder. Wish my cell phone had a camera. Would have been a fab picture. Kudos to you Junior! If at first you don't succeed...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home