Monday, March 26, 2007

Covenwork

Our coven is working on reconnecting after a lot of internal group changes. One of the things we want to do to bring us together are regular group discussions on particular topics. I like very much the ideas on discussing particular goddesses, elements and holidays. I suggested Tarot Journaling, pulling one card weekly,
recording what it seems to say at that time in the beginning of the week.

It may be a comment about plans for the day, or its message may be more general in that it concerns what is going on in life right now or with our coven. The message of the card may address practical issues, or lend philosophical and spiritual insights into the state of affairs.

At the end of the week, we can reflect back on the events that transpired to see in retrospect what the relevance of the card was.
This step provides valuable feedback on how well the earlier your one-
card reading went as well as what direction each of us went with our thoughts.
We can also used the card for a very specific intent, like what we should be grateful for in life, or what we want our working as a group to mean for us, or whatever else we want to choose.

The second thing that came to mind is the position of the Moon. I use the postion of the New Moon to guide me towards how to personally celebrate the Lady's monthly event. The New Moon in March takes place in PISCES 28 degrees, 7 minutes. For this month, that which is relational to PISCES is especially potent:
. Unconditional love
. Gentleness
. Kindness
. Non-judgementality
. Trusting Spirit
. Sensitivity
. Psychic abilities

The third discussion topic I thought of is also Moon related, and a bit more intense. I want to look to the Moon in our learning to live personally and as a group, in experiential awareness of the now. We recently had a big New Moon with Eclipse involvement which makes it an the ideal time to experientially "tune in" to this month's unique new lunar month theme. By consciously participating with the changing lunar phase we can find the the unfoldment of it's theme in our lives.

Each day on the date of the changing lunar phase we can work with the energies present until the next phase.

The New Moon is a sprouting phase the begins with Expressing a New Theme. The sprouting phase ends with releasing an restricting pattern. The Crescent is a Growing phase that begins with a New Concept and ends with External Stimulus. The 1st Quarter is a Flowering phase that begins with Intitating Action and ends with
Pushing Through. The Gibbous is a Pollinating phase that begins with Attractions and Involvement and ends with Vision and Enthusiasm. The Full Moon is the Fruit Bearing phase that begins with the Realization of the Theme and ends with Movement and Participation. The Disseminating is a Harvesting phase that begins with Manifestation
and Demonstration and ends with the Inner Need. The Last Quarter is a Cultivating Phase that begins with Initiating Change and ends with Coalescence of the Past. The Balsamic is a Seeding phase that begins with focus to the future and ends with Surrender and Play.

NM March 18
Crescent March 22
1st Q March 25
Gibbous March 29
FM April 2
Disseminating April 6
Last Q April 10
Balsamic April 13

The last thing I have been thinking about is putting all our thoughts in a group blog. That way we can include our written words with pictures if we choose.

I pulled a rune and asked the question on how well this group coven reading exercise that I suggested would work. Gebo.
This rune symbolizes time. It asks that you detach from the material world. Be patient, careful and strong. You need to reflect and not act. A positive frame of mind is very important. Don't be in a rush to succeed or reach your goal. Don't precipitate anything. Only time and wisdom will bring success.


Knight of Pentacles

Briefly: A message of good news to someone who really needs it.

Full Reading: The picture on this card shows a man in a suit of armour riding a horse. He carries a lance in his left hand and a large pentacle is on his right side. He moves forward confidently yet keeping a keen eye out for any obstacles in his path. He is delivering a message of good news to someone who needs it. This may be a financial opportunity coming your way, or you have just won the lottery. He is the bearer of good news, so welcome him with open arms and be sure to give him some refreshment on arrival to your door. If you have just started a new business venture with a friend, this will prove to be a sound investment in your future.

When I pulled this card, I thought it had to do with the financial organizing I have been doing this morning. I have been balancing my check book, writing out my TSP loan payment, and the check to Quail Hill Carding Company for my beautifully processed wools.
When I threw runes and got Gebo, it made me thing that there must be some financial thing heading my way and I realized it was related to the email I got from my big brother. I had contacted him to see if he was interested in splitting the cost for Julie's baby gift and he had mentioned that he and his gf both had wedding gift envelopes for us. Yay!

Your Rune For Today
Gebo
Gebo represents the coming of gifts and favors. While each are usually positive events, they often carry obligations with them. Gebo often represents strong bonds such as deep friendships and marriage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home