Saturday, November 24, 2007

*Thanksgiving Moon November 2007


Sabian Image for the full Moon at 2 Gemini is: A NERVOUS GENTLEMAN, DRESSED IN AN ELABORATE SANTA CLAUS COSTUME, IS FILLING CHRISTMAS STOCKINGS SECRETLY

The story goes that St. Nicholas tossed coins down the chimney to help a poor family. They had washed their stockings and hung them to dry by the chimney. When they awoke, they found coins within the stockings. People leave stockings out since that moment onward in hopes and expectation that similar good fortune will be afforded. The gentleman is stealthy to avoid awaking the sleepers within the home. He wants to do good and seeks no reward save the act of giving.

Look around. Someone in your life may be acting as Santa, looking to reward when no one is looking. Be thankful, be gracious, react with pleasure and joy. If you have been suspicious of someone, drop you guard. Be trustful. Good is happening for you.
Perhaps you are Santa? Then give your gifts with open arms. Surprise people. Be generous. It's the thought that counts. Be love for someone.

Things to ask yourself: If someone awakens and catches you in the act, what will they find? What light does the Full Moon shine here? Would anything suddly come to light that was not known before?

The Earth is turning on her axis and Autumn is in full swing. This is the season for Thanksgiving celebrations in our immediate surroundings. Make the spirit of Thanksgiving part of life at this time. The energy of the Moon now wants us all to open ourselves and be generous to those around us.

For me, it was a day of rest. I set about organizing my US Master Spinner assignments and washed two of the remaining three sheep wools I plan to include in my study of ten. I combed out two of these and spun and wove samples of one.
My next assignment is to wash out the different sections of a fleece, spin them and document my findings.
While in study mode, I reviewed my Astrology notes from Uranian Class and copied and printed out Dial and Charts, affixing the dials onto each chart in a small binder along with blank paper, a ruler and pencils. Good to be organized when you are studying chaos.

DH and I spent the canoodling in our cozy apartment and enjoying all the delcious leftovers from the Thanksgiving party we hosted. A perfect day.
Thanksgiving day went very well. It was good that I did an insane amount of preplanning. I wanted everything to be perfect and cooked from scratch.
I starting off with a White Cheddar, Apple and Bacon Cheesecake and Hot Artichoke Caramelized Onion Spinach Dip in one of those big round breads.
The Hot Spinach Dip was amazing. We could have just eaten that and been done, it was so good. The pumpernickel round loaf I served the dip in was delicious. The Hot Cheesecake Appetizer was very hardy, overload actually. It would have been better suited for an apres skiing meal rather than a predinner appetizer.

Started dinner with Triple Mushroom Soup with Brie. The hot soup gets the cheese all melty. It keeps it's shape until you put your spoon in and then it just liquifies and makes the soup really rich.
Then Turkey/Stuffing, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Butternut Squash, Cranberry Peach Chutney, Sweet Potato Apple Gratin, Green Beans with Shallots and Roasted Cremini Mushrooms, Parmesan Creamed Corn, and Cranberry Walnut Biscuits.

Dessert was Hot Apple Pie Sundaes in parfait glasses. Delish. The Craberry Carrot Cake a big hit. No one had any more room for the Prailine Pumpkin Pie. I did overdo it a bit, okay, a lot but it was super important to me to make a wonderful feast for our combined families. It was my first time as a hostess for both of our families and I'm glad it all came out so well. DH was so happy and proud, so cute, and he's psyched about the leftovers.

I'm very thankful to have my studies, my teachers, and for sharing the holiday with my family, with my efforts well received and most especially to have today to rest from the month's planning and weeklong of cooking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home