Monday, December 24, 2007

*Magic Carpet Moon December 2007


The Sabian Symbol image for the Moon in Cancer: A MAN ON A MAGIC CARPET OBSERVES VAST VISTAS BELOW.

This is an image that harkens to the Arabian Nights stories. King Solomon would beckon to the wind and tell it where he was headed. His carpet would take him there.
Symbolically, the Magic Carpet elevates us above the petty life goings on, to fly above them. Escape to a calm detachment, and observe the world around us.

Even though you may feel that there are many possibilities open to you, you may be unable to proceed with realistic, grounded plans, leaving you in a state of limbo. Make sure that you are not somehow disconnected from reality. It may be that some of the Vast Vistas Observed may be more fantasy or wishful thinking than reality.
Flip side, if you are for sure in a state of heightened awareness with a good overview of the situation, then you may have an strong opportunity to plan for future action. Accept any positive opportunities offered, but allow put these opportunities into perspective. Think about what is really possible now. Don't rush into anything. Work slowly and carefully. Cherish the opportunity of an elevated view. Take some time, look around, but remember to come back to reality.

The Earth at this time around me is blanket with it's own Magic Carpet of crystalline snow. It's dumped abuot 3 feet in the past two days. It is supposed to continue snowing well into New Year. We took 10 day break to spend the last week of the year in Vermont.
With 20/20 hindsight, I have experienced this Magic Carpet Moon. I spent the day of the Full Moon out on Stratton Mountain. I wanted to fix my boots but my Husband said not to waste time at the base and to take care of them on the gondola ride up. Well the gondola was full and there wasn't much room to maneuver. Once up on the mountain, we were outside and it was too steep and cold to be fiddling with my boots. My boots were not on correctly which gave me poor purchase on my snowboard. We had taken the gondola to the topmost of the mountain and there was only one thing to do, go down as best as I could given the bad situation of my footing.
I fell more times than you can imagine. I fell more on the one run than I ever have collectively out on the mountain. The view was beautiful but I could not enjoy it. The magic carpet gondola ride had not afforded me with the space to get myself together. My poor purchase of footing did not help me retain the skills I had learned the last time I was on the mountain. By the time I got to the base, I was injured, sore, tired and angry at myself for not having started with a lower elevation, with smaller steps. I was also annoyed for listening to someone other than myself, even if it was my Husband, when it came to getting my gear together.

Recouperating from whacking my head on the ice while snowboarding down the mountain so uncomfortably, I'm catching up reading the local paper. It seems that many politicos are taking Magic Carpet rides of their own, futzing with the truth and being found out. The world moves so quickly now and information travels are such a fast rate, it's easier than ever to vett a statement make by a politician for truth.
Campaign operatives argue that candidates are becoming more cautious about their public pronouncements, for fear of being caught making a mistake. Candidates are being more careful. The ease of retrieving information online has made it possible to fact-check at a much more granular level than ever before.

When observing from above a vast vista, man must still remain grounded in reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home