*Uranian Moon March 2008

It's the Full Moon which coincides with the peak of my Uranus Opposition. This is the much famed midlife crisis.
What? Already?
Yes. Well, we're all going through mid life crises earlier than ever before in past decades. Planets have been moving a bit faster than usual in recent years. You have noticed that life and everything has been speeding up, no? Normally, one's mid life crisis start to heat up in one's 40-42nd year, but recently this has begun at age 36 when one begins to feel the pressure of what we astrologers call the Uranus opposition.
Kind readers, look to your own lives at this time, especially those of you in your late 30's and early 40's.
The Uranus opposition is when people begin to furiously contemplate their own navel. We are forced to answer our own questions of self-worth. Do you feel as if time is running out and have only one last chance to make your dreams come true? Perhaps you question the goals you chose when younger and and work to change, energetically pursue them, or completely bail on them? I have to say I'm actually pretty contented with life, despite having yet another cold. I do feel that I've accomplished more than a few of those goals I set for myself in youth along with fulfilling some deeper inner and spiritual needs. I
don't feel that I am experiencing the usual negative effects of the mid-life crisis.
I have seen other people at this time of life that have become overwhelmed by some feelings of inadequacy, or an primal urgency need to do something immediately to make things happen by a serious life change. This is also the time that one can act without thinking. End a long-term relationship or marriage or quit their job of 15 years. One can long for a more exciting, brand new lifestyle, dress differently, act younger, hang out with a wilder set of friends, have an affair and, buy a red sports car in the hopes of hanging onto what society values of youth.
Then again, some people don't make any drastic changes, and have no negative effects. If you are such a person who has opened to opportunities, allowed life to flow without rigidity, then the mid-life crisis may not be a crisis. You are still experiencing the true meaning of this astrological influence. The Uranus opposition should be a peak time in life, a climax to what has been worked towards thus far. Yes, it can indicate major changes in life direction, but these will coincide with issues one will be dealing with later on in your life. This is more of where I'm at myself. Everything I want to do is already in motion.
I've always wanted to have a long Honeymoon trip to an exotic local. I have always wanted to go to Tahiti, New Zealand and Australia. I want to surf in Australia. I want to spend time on a Sheep Farm in New Zealand and take Spinning lessons from one of the great teachers there. I want to spend a week on the ocean with my beloved and create new life. At the Uranus Opposition, we come terms with our perception of life and its true meaning. The outside world is not as important as it was in the past. Accomplishments will have to mean something to us on the inside.
This aspect brings our originality to full fruition and promises satisfaction from the development of inner and personal talents which may or may not have had material aspect. Make the necessary adjustments. Head the individualism mounting inside and interpret it in private achievements in study, writing or some creative work. Seek to plan out life so their is time do all the things desires, but never quite got around to.
This is a time of important change. Approach it with full command of self. Follow the dictates of intellect rather than leading with emotion, which is an unrealiable barometer right now. Don't strive for approval and applause from the world but rather seek your own personal fulfillment.
Hildebrand says now is the opportunity to reconnect with ones unlived generative and creative powers. This completely resonates with me. The house hunting that DH and I have been at has been been challenging because we are looking for just the right space in just the right neighborhood for a growing family. I've spent the early part of life in education and career and now it's time to incorporate the opposite polarity, and have a baby or two. I've been spinning a bobbin here and there of this Moorit over the past six months and kept the bobbins in ziplock bags. I spun a couple more bobbins today and plied all of it together.
I'll probably be knitting up a sweater when I'm done spinning this wool. It likes to be spun on the finer side and I've been doing some sampling by spinning worsted and supported long draw. The long draw is a much faster way to spin.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home