Monday, October 29, 2007

Inititation

My totem was there to greet me first thing on the front landing when I arrived with Ali to Geoff's for my Gardnerian Initiation. As she does during times like these. It made me happy and contented to see her there. Mind you, this was a mondo huge spider, not a little spindly one. Beautiful.

Ali had taken the train up to meet me and had driven to Connecticut together. We got there exactly at the scheduled 2pm time. Perfect.
Geoff made us each a cup of tea, and I immediately got down to brass tacks. Ali brought her knitting and camped out on the couch while I did my thing and once I was done, I took out my knitting too while we waited for Renee. Traffic was backed up from the direction she was coming from and it took a while for her to arrive, so it was good that Geoff had put together seperate work for me. It also helped me organize a few thoughts for later when Renee and Geoff met with me. Ali sat in and contributed which was a very nice addition.
I had brought the Harry Potter socks I knit with intention to help Renee with her healing after surgery. They fit very well and she really liked them. They are the drop stitch Bellatrix from Socktopia. I hope she wears them in good health.

I wasn't wrong in my earlier surmise. Geoff had much to pose to me as did Renee and the process took hours. By the time we were done with that portion of the work, I did indeed feel like a panini. Bonus that Geoff is nice to look at.
After the powerful ceremony, Geoff took us all out for Chinese food. Yummy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home