Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Uranian Astrology

Uranian astrology is a type of astrology descended from the Hamburg School of Astrology developed in Germany during the mid-20th century.
It is a very "event-oriented" form of astrology rather than psychological, and it's known for its capacity to reveal very specific, detailed types of events and elements within the personality.
I startied classes this evening with Arlene Nimark, one of the few well-established Uranian astrologers out there!

Kirk is scheduling additional meetups between classes to go over the material and practice together. I hope that other interested parties looking to learn more about Uranian astrology meet up with us as they are welcome to attend the practice meetups.

Uranian astrology makes use of techniques that may appear foreign to astrologers who have never used them, including 360 and 90 degree dials, midpoints, planetary pictures, and the 8 transneptunian planets calculated to exist in the kuiper belt of the solar system. Bring your dial, pc with Uranian software and a few books and we will share how this stuff works.

I was the first to arrive this evening, all psyched about the great opportunity to be able to study with Arlene during this uber rare introductory course. The class had just concluded 360' dials and was moving forward to 90' today. I was fortunate in that, since most Uranian Astrologers use 90' and 45' dials and 360' not so much, although the understanding of the 360' is important. I will have to make strides to learn that at a later time. Towards the end of the evening after three hours of instruction and discourse, I started to glaze over, topped to the brim with information and tired from the Down Day of Cabbage Soup.

Thank Goddess it took a mere 35 minutes to get back home, much faster than the hour and 20 minutes it took to arrive. Driving across town to the Brooklyn Bridge and then southward into Brooklyn took much longer than I had thought. Then again it was between 5pm and 6pm, prime afterwork traffic time. I got a parking spot after only one circling around the block once I arrived by Prospect Park and spent an hour knitting on my Monkey Socks and listening to Voyager, the third book in Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. The audiobook is unabridged, which is perfect. I do so dislike abriged books. They are like watching movies chopped up to fit to an hours worth of made for tv time slots. I began this installment on Monday after finishing Dragonfly.

I started knitting while listening to books when we moved downtown and I found myself on the train for three hours out of every day. Even when I started driving, I took to listening too books on tape and on cd in the car. Now that I spend so much time knitting and spinning, I have less time to sit and just read and being able to listen while my hands work, engaging both sides of my brain is the symmetrical perfect combination. How Uranian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home