Saturday, July 30, 2011

BOS: Home Again/Leo New Moon Cab


Plane landed at 12:30am. New Moon Leo falls in my 8th house and energizes my monetary and value system axis to my 2nd H.

I generally overpack. I didn't for once in my life because I wanted to save time from waiting in the Baggage Claim. It was more valuable to me to get in and out of the aiport quickly. Despite the small bag, they made me check the carry on because the airplane was delayed. Extra passengers had been added and the stewards were concerned that there would not be sufficient overhead space.
Once the bag was checked in and whisked away, we found out there was more than enough space. I had to wait an hour at the Baggage Claim after we landed. By the time I arrived at the taxi line, it was 2am. While waiting for a half hour online, two cabs came. I was the 9th person on line and this made me the 7th. The guy behind me was crawling out of his skin with hunger, he had not eaten before he got on his plan in Texas, there were no meals available on his flight and he was ravenous.

The weather had been so bad in NYC and it was so late, the yellow cabs coming by were near nil. Time for the good juju. Rather than sending out a psychic call for 8 cabs, I went for a gypsy cab driver. 10 minutes later, we had a gypsy cab driver offer to take me all the way uptown for $40. Now that's how much a yellow cab costs to get me home. I was down. I asked if he would take other passengers and he agreed so guy #7 and #8 got into the cab with me. We all had a nice chat on the way to Grand Central and the UEW where each guy got off. The entire time, the driver was listening to a Xtian radio station in which the program consisted of someone reading passages and making comment in their fire and brimstone voice. Yikes.

As soon as the second passenger got out and it was just me and driver, he started to hit me up for more money. Apparently he realized that there was a toll to pay before my exist. I had offered him $40 because that was all I had remaining in my travel money envelope.
Time for some more good juju. All I wanted was enough additional to cover the toll and tip him on top of the agreed upon $40. I promised as much to driver, should I find anything extra in my bag. I know all I had in that envelope was $40. I did end up finding another $10 tucked away elsewhere before we hit that toll. Nice.

I slept away much of the day and now heading to Hoboken to meet the Bro, Brigid, Julie and Frank. Brian is bringing a bottle of PatrĂ³n and we are going to celebrate the New Moon with tapas and tequila.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home