Tuesday, July 26, 2011

BOS: Reviving Daily Devotions


I've taken to reviving an old daily devotion of pulling a tarot card shortly after waking and journaling about it. Now I have added another layer with Qabala, which I find deepens the practice.


Today I pulled an 8 of Cups, the seeker who leaves behind what had been treasured emotional aspects of life to forge ahead. When looking at the 8 of Cups without thinking of Qabala, the idea that this is a card of analytical career endeavor is not exactly what jumps out at you. In keeping Qabala in mind, that tarot minor 8's correlates with Hod of worldly matters, career, business endeavors, analytical thought processes.


For the past three years, I've put in to attend a program called WINI- which stands for Weekend Immersion in Nursing Informatics. Basically it's an accelerated boot camp in biomedical informatics that is scheduled every year at the busiest time of the year at my job. Not exactly what one might think is an emotional/cups kind of thing- but for me, a coveted career desire in the nature of Mercury.
My natal Mercury (planet of thought, reason and the analytic mind) is found in the 12th house (humanitarian work, healing, hospitals), in the sign of Sagittarius (travel, expansion, the higher mind). Hod, interestingly, corresponds to Mercury in Sagittarius, which mirrors my natal placement. Mercury in Sagittarius correlates with another of the tarot 8's- the 8 of Wands, the card of swiftness and travel.


I had been wondering if this my fourth request to attend WINI would be approved. The 8 of Cups/Hod said to me "yes!"
When I arrived at work today, my supervisor mentioned all manner of drama going on with the Travel Committee approval process- the Medical Center Director was to be asked to get involved for final approval of my request. Apparently the Chief of Education and my boss the Chief of Medical Informatics had gone head to head and had words. My supervisor is an excitable person and likes nothing better than to create chaos where there is none and was taken a bit aback by my calmness about the entire thing. I was not concerned about the mini drama; I knew the approval would come that day and that I would be 8 of Wands, 8 of Cups, going on my way to this trip.
Before the day was out, the approval had come through for the travel funding for the flight and hotel AND the Health Informatics Initiative had given me a scholarship for the funding to the program itself. Their footing the bill for the program was what moved the Director to approve the travel.


Without Saturday's discussions, it is unlikely I would have gone back to my daily devotion of the one card draw and definitely not had the additional layer of Qabala to add to it. I thank you for organizing, Maggi and thank Lyratah and Helena for their words and wisdom. Please forward this along to both of them if you would. Sometimes we water a seed and never see what grows from it. I would have them see the small sprout they have nurtured in my understanding and spiritual practice, through your efforts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home